Advanced Yoga Studies for Military Spouses
Department of Defense (DoD) Scholarship Program
Do you find it challenging to move every 2-4 years while trying to build a career, raise a family, and support your active duty spouse? This is one reason the Department of Defense has made this program possible. The Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that can provide 100% financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a yoga teacher certification at Yoga Vie, which qualifies as a portable career field. Becoming a yoga teacher is a profession you can do anywhere in the world and the ability to travel can actually improve your proficiency by providing a plethora of opportunities to continue your education.
Yoga Vie is an approved school for this scholarship program, and completion of our 200 Hour teacher training program meets eligibility requirements to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). Advantages to Yoga Vie's program Include:
- Pay no out-of-pocket tuition to attend this training (for qualifying spouses)
- Earn a certification to teach yoga anywhere in the world
- Campus is conveniently located close to Vandenberg Air Force Base
- Classes only meet one weekend a month (Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday) for 9 months
- Great way to meet people in your community and off base
- Receive a certification, but gain so much more by opening yourself to the many benefits yoga has to offer
Spouses of service members in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 active duty military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserve component in these same pay grades.
Other things to keep in mind...
- Students must create a profile, submit an education and training plan for approval (can take up to 14 days for approval), and request financial assistance to be eligible. Yoga Vie will walk you through the process step by step.
- No deposit is required for DoD scholarship recipients; however, students must have an approved financial assistance document to enroll.
- Students who miss weekend sessions (contact hours) will not receive credit and will not be eligible for certification with Yoga Alliance. Students who are absent and do not graduate are required to pay tuition costs if they choose to dis-enroll.
- Make up sessions are provided for weekends missed, for a fee. Scholarship does not pay for makeup sessions.
Still have questions? Contact us!